We received 387 registrations. Registration remained open until Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022, at 11:30PM (EST).
Additionally, there were 10 invited speakers, and another 26 direct registrations (advisory committee, invited participants, and organizers) – bringing the total to 423 registrants.
The breakdown was approx. 50-50% female-male, which is typical for Computing in the Arts (vs. 17-22% female participation in CS and Engineering). This supports NSF’s commitment to Broadening Participation.
Due to the large number, registrants were separated into participants and attendees, for a more intimate / manageable Zoom experience.
Additional attendees watched via LiveStream on YouTube.
The following are attendance statistics broken down by day, and overall:
- 101 unique individuals participated via Zoom.
- 318 unique individuals watched on YouTube (see Fig. 1 below).
- 75 unique individuals participated via Zoom.
- 113 unique individuals watched on YouTube (see Fig. 2 below).
- 419 (101 + 318) unique individuals attended the event, at least (based on Day 1, above). The number may be larger, because individuals who missed Day 1, but attended only Day 2 are not included in this count. This is at least four times as many participants as we expected…
A big thank you to all who made this Algorithmic Arts workshop such a success!!!